The Association for Research and Development of the Faculty of Medicine (AIDFM) is a public benefit association that promotes, since 1995, biomedical research at the Lisbon School of Medicine – Universidade de Lisboa, Lisbon, Portugal (FMUL).
AIDFM offers a broad portfolio of high quality services:
- ensuring compliance with national and international regulations
- contributing to transparency and operational excellence of the research activity.
- participation in many international studies which are reflected in the authorship of many publications in high ranking journals.
The main goals of AIDFM are:
- study and develop initiatives to promote the link between research activities of the Faculty of Medicine of the Lisbon University and the research community
- support the development of education, training and research
- create infrastructures for medical and technologic support within related areas with potential economic interest and reinforcement to the community.
CETERA is a Portuguese Academic CRO, an autonomous department of AIDFM, founded in 2013 and based at the Lisbon Academic Medical Centre (CAML). A key strength of CETERA is the academic expertise and integrity of its scientific team which lies in a global coverage with different stakeholders. CETERA provides a wide range of services, from scientific consulting and regulatory expertise to the management of national and international clinical research trials.
Our full-service CRO is an important partner for:
- Pharmaceutical and medical device companies
- Research centers
- Scientific societies
- Universities / Researchers
Our VISION is to be a global partner in health research services and a pioneer academic contract research organization in Portugal specialized in the Cardiovascular Sciences. Our MISSION is to improve both quality and quantity of clinical research by providing excellent research services for industry and investigators. Our VALUES are: Excellence, Expertise, Experience, Continuous Quality Improvement, Timeliness, Responsiveness, Research Bioethics, Teamwork
Clinical Research Network – Coverage Area
During the last years, CETERA has been working with local investigators and knows well research centers profile and the local regulatory process. Having a broad network of researchers in more than 18 major cities of the country, we are able to manage national multicenter studies. This network makes it possible and facilitates to conduct national research projects.
All the team at CETERA are also members of the Cardiovascular Centre of Universidade de Lisboa (CCUL) and members at the European Society of Cardiology Working Group on Cardiovascular Pharmacotherapy
- 1 ABBOTT
- 2 Cardiovascular Centre of the Universidade de Lisboa (CCUL)
- 3 Centre Hospitalier Universitaire (CHU) de Toulouse
- 4 DAIICHI SANKYO Portugal
- 5 Heart Care Foundation - Fondazione per il Tuo Cuore ONLUS
- 6 INSELSPITAL Bern University Hospital
- 7 Institut de Recherches Internationales Servier
- 8 Medical Trials Analysis
- 9 MHI – Montreal Heart Institute
- 10 Portuguese Clinical Research Infrastructure Network (PtCRIN)
- 11 Portuguese Society of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- 12 Portuguese Society of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Surgery
- 13 Universitätsmedizin Göttingen
- 14 University Medical Centre Hamburg-Eppendorf