AIDFM-CETERA will reward the best scientific article of the year in the cardiovascular field. For the application, only scientific articles published during the year of 2019 in indexed journals will be considered eligible.
The submitted scientific articles will be evaluated according to their originality and clinical relevance, as well as the impact factor of the scientific journal where the article was published, among other factors.
The top 3 selected articles will get:
- a diploma
- free registration to the X New Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine Congress 2020 (registration fee + accommodation)
- opportunity to present the selected article at the X New Frontiers in Cardiovascular Medicine Congress 2020 in an oral session
- free registration in the CETERA short-course: “CLINICAL RESEARCH: WHAT’S IT ALL ABOUT? – a focused training for busy investigators and study team” – 2020 Edition (19th and 20th March)
The winner (Best Scientific Article) will be awarded a travel voucher worth 1,000 EUR.
TOP 3 ARTICLES (no specific order):
- Jennifer Mancio – “Epicardial adipose tissue volume and annexin A2/fetuin-A signalling are linked to coronary calcification in advanced coronary artery disease: Computed tomography and proteomic biomarkers from the EPICHEART study” published in the journal “Atherosclerosis”. Check the abstract here.
- Joana Miranda – “Maternal Diabetes Mellitus as a Risk Factor for High Blood Pressure in Late Childhood A Prospective Birth Cohort Study” published in the journal “Hypertension”. Check the abstract here.
- Sara Leite – “Arterial Remodeling and Dysfunction in the ZSF1 Rat Model of Heart Failure With Preserved Ejection Fraction” published in the journal “Circulation: Heart Failure”. Check the abstract here.
The winner will be announced at the X Congresso Novas Fronteinas em Medicina Cardiovascular.
Applications will run from 15th November to 31st December 2019 and the submission process can be done online.
The 3 selected articles will be announced on 13th of January 2020.
- Dr. Jorge Ferreira (Coordenador Científico da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cardiologia)
- Prof. Doutor Roberto José Palma dos Reis (Presidente do Conselho Científico do X Congresso Novas Fronteiras em Medicina Cardiovascular 2020)
- Prof. Doutor Lino Gonçalves (Diretor do Serviço de Cardiologia do Hospital Geral do Centro Hospitalar e Universitário de Coimbra)
- Prof. Doutor Miguel Guerra (Vogal da Sociedade Portuguesa de Cirurgia Cardiotorácica e Vascular)
- Doutor Hélder Pereira (Diretor de Serviço de Cardiologia do Hospital Garcia de Orta – E.P.E.)