The 1st place of the 5th Edition of the AIDFM-CETERA Prize was awarded to Ana Catarina Elias. The 2nd place to Tiago Pereira da Silva and 3rd place to Tiago Laundos dos Santos. The AIDFM-CETERA award organizing team presents its warmest congratulations to the winners!
The AIDFM-CETERA award session took place on 12th February 2022, at 5:30 pm, during the XII New Frontiers Congress in Cardiovascular Medicine. In the AIDFM-CETERA award session the article of Tiago Laundos Santos was presented by the co-author Diana Nascimento. The winner was announced on 13rd February 13 2022 at 1:00 pm during the closing session of the Congress.
Ana Catarina Elias
Elias C, Oliveira D, Soares-Carreira M, Amorim M, Araújo JP, Bettencourt P, Lourenço P. The ratio of furosemide dosage to urinary sodium concentration predicts mortality in patients with chronic stable heart failure. Pol Arch Intern Med. 2021 Oct 27;131(10). doi: 10.20452/pamw.16083. Epub 2021 Oct 11. PMID: 34632751.
Tiago Luís Pinto Pereira da Silva
Pereira-da-Silva T, Napoleão P, Pinheiro T, Selas M, Silva F, Ferreira RC, Carmo MM. The Proinflammatory Soluble CD40 Ligand Is Associated with the Systemic Extent of Stable Atherosclerosis. Medicina (Kaunas). 2021 Jan 4;57(1):39. doi: 10.3390/medicina57010039. PMID: 33406736; PMCID: PMC7824733.
Tiago Luís Laundos dos Santos
Laundos TL, Vasques-Nóvoa F, Gomes RN, Sampaio-Pinto V, Cruz P, Cruz H, Santos JM, Barcia RN, Pinto-do-Ó P, Nascimento DS. Consistent Long-Term Therapeutic Efficacy of Human Umbilical Cord Matrix-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells After Myocardial Infarction Despite Individual Differences and Transient Engraftment. Front Cell Dev Biol. 2021 Feb 4;9:624601. doi: 10.3389/fcell.2021.624601. PMID: 33614654; PMCID: PMC7890004.
The Top finalists of the 5th Edition of the AIDFM-CETERA Award for the best scientific article of 2021 in the cardiovascular field are:
Ana Catarina Elias (Centro Hospitalar Universitário São João (CHUSJ) with the article “The ratio of furosemide dosage to urinary sodium concentration predicts mortality in patients with chronic stable heart failure” published in the journal Polish Archives of Internal Medicine.
Tiago Luís Laundos dos Santos (The Rockefeller University, Instituto de Investigação e Inovação em Saúde (i3S), Instituto Nacional de Engenharia Biomédica (INEB) e Instituto de Ciências Biomédicas Abel Salazar (ICBAS), da Universidade do Porto) with the article “Consistent Long-Term Therapeutic Efficacy of Human Umbilical Cord Matrix-Derived Mesenchymal Stromal Cells After Myocardial Infarction Despite Individual Differences and Transient Engraftment” published in the journal Frontiers in Cell Developmental Biology
Tiago Luís Pinto Pereira da Silva (Centro Hospitalar Universitário de Lisboa Central (CHULC) – Hospital de Santa Marta) with the article “The Proinflammatory Soluble CD40 Ligand Is Associated with the Systemic Extent of Stable Atherosclerosis” published in the journal Medicina.
The winner will be announced at the closing session of the XII New Frontiers Congress in Cardiovascular Medicine on 13rd February 2022 at 1:00 pm.
It is open the 5th Edition of the AIDFM-CETERA Award for the best scientific article of the year in the cardiovascular field. For the application, only scientific articles published during the year of 2021 in indexed journals will be considered eligible.
The submitted scientific articles will be evaluated according to their originality and clinical relevance, as well as the impact factor of the scientific journal where the article was published, among other factors. Candidates will be evaluated by an independent jury highly qualified in the field.
Hélder Pereira, MD, PhD
Director of the Cardiology Service of Hospital Garcia de Orta – E.P.E.
Assistant Professor of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon.
Isabel Rocha, PharmD., PhD
Professor at the Institute of Physiology of the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Lisbon.
Roberto Palma dos Reis, MD, PhD
Professor at the NOVA Medical School
Head of the Cardiology Unit of Hospital Pulido Valente of North Lisbon University Hospital Centre (CHULN)
- Applications will run from 10th December 2021 to 10th January 2022
- The 3 selected articles will be announced on 21st January 2022
- The winner will be announced at XII Congresso de Novas Fronteiras em Medicina Cardiovascular 2022 which will be held from 11th to 13th February 2022.
The authors for the top 3 articles will get a €1,000.00 prize, which will be distributed as follows:
- Best article author: €500.00;
- 2nd best article author: €350.00;
- 3rd best article author: €150.00.
These amounts may be used for 1 year after its allocation, for the following purposes:
- Expenses with registration for scientific meetings (conferences or courses);
- Purchase of technical/scientific books;
- Expenses with reagents or another laboratory material.
The top 3 selected articles will also get:
- Diploma “Best Research Paper Award – 2021”;
- Registration to the XII Congresso de Novas Fronteiras em Medicina Cardiovascular 2022(registration fee and accommodation, if applicable)
- Invitation to present the selected articlein the “Prémio CETERA” session that will be held at the XII Congresso de Novas Fronteiras em Medicina Cardiovascular 2022.
How to apply:
- To apply please check the Award Regulation HERE (please note this document is available only in Portuguese
- You should also fill the application form HERE (please note the application form is available only in Portuguese)
- You must send us a copy of the article and your Curriculum Vitae (1-page limit)
Do not miss this opportunity! We are waiting for your application!